Airsoft CT Home
View Unanswered Posts
View New Posts
View Active Topics
Mark All Forums Read
Airsoft CT Privacy Policy

|Review| Classic Army M15A4 RIS (w/Crane Stock)

Post subject: |Review| Classic Army M15A4 RIS (w/Crane Stock)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 pm

E4

I'm quite happy with my Classic Army M4 RIS.

Classic Army M15A4 RIS (Crane Stock Model)
Product SKU: AR004M-2-X

Features:

* Easy Dis-assembly metal body with laser 'Armalite' real gun logo, and individual serial number
* Hi-cap magazine (300 Rd)
* 7mm bearing gear box
* Metallic R.I.S. with one piece outer barrel
* New steel gears
* Reinforced slip ring
* Nylon & glass fiber hand grip, hand guard
* Metallic hop-up chamber & new hop-up rubber
* High torque motor
* Special Forces Crane Stock

I just put in a Madbull 363mm 6.03mm tightbore, get about 370FPS with decent accuracy. Could be better though. Looking at better bucking, "H" nub and possibly a better hop up unit.

No wobble from the receivers or barrel. Slight wobble from the lower RIS, but only noticeable when a vertical grip is utilized.

MAG brand mid-cap (130rnd) magazines fit nice and tight with consistent feeding.

Crane stock holds a 9.6v 4200MaH battery. ROF is nice without being insane. Battery installation in the crane stock can be a bit tricky at first, but once you get the hang of it and have some care and patience it's no sweat. The CA M14 does NOT come with a battery, so one needs to be purchased separately. Same goes for a charger.

Finish and trades are nice, though scratches will reveal the shiny metal underneath over time. But that's pretty much with any AEG.

The orange flash hider is painted in a way that it's not overly garish. The flash hider screwed off easily with the loosening of a set screw. New madbull flash hider screwed right on with no issues.

I removed the front swing swivel since I utilize a left handed single point sling mount at the rear of the receiver. I had to use a hammer and punch to remove the pins to do so. The swivel mount ended up breaking apart in the process. Relatively weak metal used here.

The receiver pins are tight!! Each time I field strip it to clean the barrel I need to use a mallet to pop them out. No losing them and no wobble because of the tightness. So that's a pro.

Only issue is that the dust cover will not stay closed. The slightest bump and it opens. No biggy though. There's a false bolt that still covers the hop up adjusters. It has a working bolt catch that will lock the false bolt open in order to make hop adjustments.

Overall it's a really solid gun! Has a bit of a heft due to all the metal. Not overbearingly so, but if you're used to plastic AEGs, you'll notice the weight for the first few skirmishes.

BTW, it comes with a carry handle with iron sights. NOT a scope. That's an aftermarket add-on.

Some more photos with the additional riser mount.