View New Posts
View Active Topics
Mark All Forums Read
Airsoft CT Privacy Policy

|Review| Bravo 4x32 ACOG Scope with Mini RedDot

Post subject: |Review| Bravo 4x32 ACOG Scope with Mini RedDot
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:17 pm

E4

I picked up this sight for my Classic Army M4A4. Initial selling points were the mini red-dot and the picatinny mount.

Packaging was just a plain brown cardboard box with a product name sticker on one side, nothing really exciting. Opening the package the sight is wrapped in plastic and snugly nestled in soft form fitting foam padding. Inside the package are; 1 dove tail mount, 1 mini mount for separate mounting of the red-dot, protective cover for the red-dot, 1 backup iron sight ring and several screws. Included were 2 CR2032 batteries as well. This was a pleasant surprise, I had gone out a purchased a pack of batteries the day before.

Pulling the sight out I was pleasantly surprised at the weight of this sight. It's not really large, but is made of metal with very little plastic content. I think the only plastic on the sight is the red-dot and the thumb screws. Overall construction seems pretty solid with a nice matte black finish. There are no trades or model numbers that you would find on a true Trigicon sight. Absent as well are the biblical codes. There is no cosmetic fiber optic running across the top of the sight like you'd find on the Bravo Scope 4x32 with QD Mount. Instead you'll find a short blade at the tip of the scope for use with the optional back-up sight ring included in the package.

The sight reticule is a standard non-illuminated black cross hair. The image is very crisp and aligned with the body of the scope. No tilting from cheap half-assed construction. My eyesight is a bit off but there appears to faintly be drop-off markers just below center of the cross-hair.

The site comes standard with a picatinny mount with the usual thumb screws. The thumb screws appear to be a fiber reinforced plastic though they feel pretty solid and tighten down for a nice snug secure fit on the rail. I had originally ordered a riser mount to go with the sight because my M4 had the standard triangular front sight. Though once I put the scope on the rail, the M4 front iron sight was not visible in the scope. eye relief for me is about 2 inches. with the stock set on position 5 it is very easy and comfortable to acquire a clear sight picture.

I found the mini red-dot to be rather small and dim. It also sits quite a bit high on the scope. I initially decided to remove the mini red-dot and use the included iron sight ring. Changing out the red-dot for the iron sight was really simple with small torx bit and small allen wrench. I had the iron sight in place in just a couple of minutes. After a few skirmishes I found myself not using the iron sights at all. They just felt cumbersome and harder to acquire a target. I either found myself going back to the scope or just aiming down the barrel using my stream of fire and correct as needed.

The included mounting bracket allowed me to convert the mini red-dot to a separately mountable sight. I've placed it on my MP5. I found this to be a really neat feature which basically gives you two sights for the price of one.

Changing the battery on the mini red-dot uses an allen and removing the same screws that hold the red-dot to the mounting plate. One downside to the red-dot is that it does not have an on/off switch. You need to remove the battery to power it down. The inclusion of a switch would make this less cumbersome.

Overall this sight is pretty solid, gives a good clear sight picture and is basically 2 sights in one. This is definitely not a sniper scope. The zoom is only 4x32 which is ideal for checking for targets and clearing the bush before you move up. The mounted mini red-dot helps to engage the target that was acquired with the 4x32 scope. The dot could be a little bit brighter and definitely needs a power switch.

I'll give this scope a 4 out of 5 for it's construction, mounting options, cost and the ability to remove the mini red-dot.

Some more photos with the additional riser mount.

Post subject: Re: |Review| Bravo 4x32 ACOG Scope with Mini RedDot
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:15 pm

Walther of Fury!

That last picture is one of the most retarded things I have seen. Ballin cheekweld.

Less sig since scarecrows a whiny pussy

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: |Review| Bravo 4x32 ACOG Scope with Mini RedDot
PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:49 pm

E4

Eh, I'm still playing around with the riser. Time to get it out from under the bed collecting dust. I'll probably change it up about a dozen times before I find a comfortable fit.