View New Posts
View Active Topics
Mark All Forums Read
Airsoft CT Privacy Policy

Operation Cold Front 2/27/11 Strategy Plus

Post subject: Operation Cold Front 2/27/11 Strategy Plus
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:57 pm

I can has titles?

This is my personnal AAR, OPS will be posting one shortly.
First off, many thanks to everyone that came out, to Garvey and Bones for CO'ing, Lamb, Votter, Slick, Timpko, Zeek, Alby, Goose, and Juicebox, for reffing and roleplaying.
The final vistory goes to Russia, who held Mitte for 33 minutes and launch the rockets on The US base.

Okay--- Good points- Lots of trigger time, POW rule was used, pkgs. were found and stolen, lots of team work.
The German Jihadists added a dimension to the game. I was hoping the teams would identify and search anyone not on thier team trying to enter thier base, alas that did not happen at first. Eventually all caught on and the Jihadists were not a factor.

Bad points-- I tried to add to much to the game, in hopes of stopping issues and some of them caused confusion and more issues. Sorry, first game, still learning. Packages got lost in the new snow fall, and of course 8 inches of snow makes it harder to move around.

Overall, I think it was a good game and OPS did a good job adjusting to keep the game moving. The roleplayers did exactly what they were suppose to do; cause choas.
I hope everyone had a good time and I can tell you OPS has some great games coming up in the future.
Please post your thoughts, the good the bad and the ugly, we can only make the games better by knowing your thoughts.

My pics form the game will be on our FB page in the next few days. Log onto FB and search for Operational Scenarios. DOn't forgot to "Like" us!!!!

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
7/23-24 Night OPS/Sun. Game
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

http://www.operationalscenarios.com
http://www.theelectricfireplace.net
http://www.kimberleighhiggins.com

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Operation Cold Front 2/27/11 Strategy Plus
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:17 pm

Minutemen

Ok, I've had a few hours to think, might as well post up now.

I'll start with the customary thanks bit, as we often see here. Thanks to Dave for planning what turned out to be an awesome game, to Zeek for getting my involved with OPS which let me play in the role I did, something I really enjoyed, and massive thanks to Alby for letting me use his beloved PTW all day because I was having gun issues. Oh, also- props go out to everyone playing on the US team. You guys lost, but played smart all day (the only ones who I honestly believe handled the Mercenaries properly) and were stuck with a shitty respawn and numbers that we may have overbalanced against you.

The Good: The game was a lot of fun. I rolled with Votter and Lamb most of the day, occasionally separating or linking up with Timpko, Juice, and Goose to be contractors. Although there was some confusion over our role in the game, I was only lit-up unjustly a few times, and considering what we were doing, that was impressive. Good on everyone for ID'ing their targets before they fired. In addition, I didn't see any real issues with hit calling, which is always good.

The Awesome (For Me, Personally): Walking directly over to a certain teams CO early in the day, while there was still a little confusion over the roles the contractors would play, and safety'ing him and a number of teammates. That was followed by me talking to a few UCONN guys while Votter walked around the back of the village and set off a smoke grenade that killed a good 20 people. After that, we were involved in fighting around the castle for an extended period of time- I hung around, helped both sides at various times, and generally got both of them comfortable with me. Then I blew up the castle, another ten or twenty guys with one smoke grenade. Overall, I just had a lot of awesome moments throughout that game, and I do think the contractors added another element to the game, though the US handled it better than the Russian team did. When we approached US guys at their base, we were stopped a good twenty feet away, whereas we walked into the Russian FOB unopposed.

The Bad: There's always some issues, and this game was no exception. There was some confusion over the role we as contractors played, and this, from what I saw, came from a combination of things- people not paying enough attention at the briefing, and the fact that the briefing may not have been specific enough- to be honest, I didn't know what I was going to be doing from the briefing, I found out in the field. Also, there were a few occasions where I had guys shoot me when I was working with them (notably I caught a metric shit-ton of fire from a squad of US while I worked on clearing out the last Russians around the castle).

With all that said, I had a good time at this game, and I look forward to seeing the pictures. I'd love to play more games like this in the future, and I know OPS has some good stuff planned for this year, so keep on the lookout for it.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:28 pm

#1 "woos" in all of Yew Ess of A

Congrats on getting the first game off! I heard from one of my guys that they had a blast.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:24 am

E2

The first 20 minutes into the game there was a huge firefight in between swamp and village at a building. My god the amount of bb's we hosed would make a grown Native American cry. There was so much going on it had to be the first game where I honestly didn't know what to do. A merc had to bomb us and every one 50 feet around the building before we fell.

I like the concept of mercenaries. It allowed refs to changed the directions of battle with out having to reset or end the game. I would have liked to see a money system or key item system that would of allowed us to contract them better.

My only real negatives was weather. In some parts every step I took i would fall 1-2 feet in the snow.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:17 am

O'Doyle Rules!

Overall not too bad.

I hate being CO. and there was a CO.
A heads up would be nice next time so i don't have to carry my full saw kit and fumble with radios all day.

-firefights seemed good.
-us team had decent communication everyone should have a fucking radio though. not at any fault of ops events.
-People please pay attention in the briefings
-When i was finally able to play i went through quite a bit of ammo

-I think a better balance of boxes
-better quality of props
-people listening
would make this game 100x better.

TW 07, 08, 09
OPP 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
OP Northern Light
OP Climb to Glory
OP Blacksheep@pine plains
OP Blacksheep@the cove

GZA CQB staff

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:59 am

I can has titles?

@ Bones----- Thanks for being CO'ing, I know it was last minute. And you did a great job from my prospective of running the team and helping OPS when we adjusted the game.

As for the boxes--- I wish they could have been better. I orignally wanted to get large munition cases with handles. I hope in the future OPS can incorporate that into our props. The snow didn't help with anything on the box part also.

As for briefings, the reason we did briefings separately was so that we weren't trying to talk over 60 ppl. You are so right, ppl NEED to listen during the briefings. I wrote this game the way it it worked in my head. That siad, in my head it worked, HOWEVER, when we brief the players if there is not an understanding of something it needs to brought up so that everyone understands or any adjustments can be made before the game starts.

As for radios, ppl you gotta understand a radio is essential ina scenario game. If you don't want one for a walkon game fine, but when you attend scenario games or games that require you to be in constant communication you need it. Also, I did notice some ppl without red rags.
Everyone who attended this game signed a OPS rule Sheet. It states you MUST have a red rag. OPS will address this issue more in thier post.
Agian thanks Bones for stepping up for the US side.

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
7/23-24 Night OPS/Sun. Game
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

http://www.operationalscenarios.com
http://www.theelectricfireplace.net
http://www.kimberleighhiggins.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:06 am

E1

A big success. I had a great time and thought it went really well with only a few small hiccups.

I didn't like the tan arm bands. With the camo it was hard to see the tan.

I liked the mercs and civilians. Though I admit I was confused by them at first but now through experience I know what to do.

Radios were a big plus. This is a huge field and and having a commander running things helps coordinate what is going on.

Briefing some some what an issue. The longer the briefing went on people started fading out and talking and it made it difficult to hear. The commanders should be briefed separately so they know exactly what is going on and what the rules are. Maybe have a printout for them in the book. Even give them some advance notice so they can form a plan.

But all in all a great day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:09 pm

#1 "woos" in all of Yew Ess of A

In their defense, they were looking for CO's for a while to inform them and no one stepped up to the plate until the last minute. Perhaps in the future I can provide private team forums for the various games so that the organizers can divulge as much info as possible with out ruining the game ahead of time. That goes for anyone who needs it.

The communications issues simply stem from people not being prepared with the old Tolcom standard load out. It used to be a requirement, and it still should be but I see less and less adherence to it. Radios are a must for effect coordination.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 1:08 pm

E3

I had a pretty good time. There seemed to be bad guys everywhere so there was a ton of trigger time. Our communication probably could have been a lot better as others had mentioned. I thought Bones did a great job as CO.

I know others liked the Merc/civilian things, it certainly adds a WTF element to things, I personally don't know if I am a fan of it, but it wasn't bad. Most of the other things that didn't go smooth others have mentioned, so I'd just echo their sentiments.

Good time though.