View New Posts
View Active Topics
Mark All Forums Read
Airsoft CT Privacy Policy

Operation Falling Star-- SP 8/20-21

Post subject: Operation Falling Star-- SP 8/20-21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:24 pm

E3

First and foremost OPS would like to thank the CT Airsoft Community for all of it’s’ support in the past and at this weekend. When we were given the opportunity to continue this tradition it seemed like a daunting task. We worked very hard for 3 weeks on storyline and missions. We are working on a Missile System that didn’t quite get finished to our standards and was not used. It will be up and running as soon as we can.
As for the game, US was able to complete all of it’s’ missions and sub-missions, to win the game. Although the China team captured more POW’s and had more kills. All of the missions were based on classic games we normally play such as search and transport; downed pilot; extraction; attack and defend; and attack and secure. Props that were used ;canons, rockets (prop and model), orange smoke (for extraction signal), laptops, satellite dishes, “Anthrax”, and “Small Pox”, along with some prop bombs that literally exploded!!!
Special thanks to Bogey (USA CO) and Voodoo/Goose (China’s CO). Also, at the end of the game we “awarded” some players; Voodoo for China MVP, and Jackson for USA MVP. Both players displayed honor and integrity, along with really helping their respective teams. Snake; a Direwolf Recruit, earned the KIA Award for “Rocking the Red Rag” the most in the game. Thanks Snake for being a good sport and following the wounded rules.
The raffle started with about 6 items, but quickly turned into a fire sale. As people began buying more tickets, OPS rolled up its’ sleeves and added many more things!!! Total value of items raffled was well over $400. Congratulations o all those that won.
A special thanks to Strategy Plus for a great field, Chris O’Grady, Ryan, Corey, Noah(Caboose), Dan(Kracka), Kevin(UCONN), Andrew(Slick), Kenny(Rekendo), and Juicebox; whom all provided excellent reffing during the game. Karkus was a wonderful downed Pilot, thanks for bring the “Beast”!!
Okay, here is our take on the good, the bad, and the Ugly:
Good:
Teamwork amongst new and veteran players
Communication
LAUGHING and HAVING FUN
Integrity/Honor
Blind Firing- we only saw it once, GREAT JOB!!
Hit Calling—NOT AN ISSUE AT ALL
The Bad:
Flashlights—you need them for night time...period
Refs getting hit—OPS fault, we will get reflective/glowing vests for future night games
People interrupting during briefing- Warlock does not like saying,”Shut up”. But he had to say it a few times to the same person. The briefing is to help players know what is happening, please do not talking during briefing.
Leaving the field for extended periods of time- takes away from the game and your team. Please bring your extra stuff to base camp, that’s why we have them.
Uniforms—when given a set of colors to choose from please follow them. OPS does not like using tape, players spend a lot of money on gear and that’s why we set teams based on pattern/color.
The Ugly:
Auto w/in 100 ft of structures/inside perimeter- Warlock is very sore with multiple bruises. Please watch your semi/auto usage. Also, 10 ft. Safety Kills please
Players are not allowed to use hot burning grenades at SP, cold burning. We have an idea of who used it. If we catch anyone using them at our games where they are banned you will be banned. Period
Again, thank you to everyone and we’ll see you in the field again soon!!

OPS

OP Square Dance- "Relay for Life Charity Game" 5/11 SP
Last Action Hero- 6/11- Cromwell CQB
2 Day game- 7/11- SP
OP Falling Star- 8/11- SP

Email/PayPal operationalscenarios@gmail.com
Website-http://www.operationalscenarios.com
Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/OperationalScenarios
www.theelectricfireplace.net

Last edited by OPSevents on Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Operation Falling Star-- SP 8/20-21
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:59 pm

E4

First off i would like to say that i had a really great time and i would like to thank OPS for hosting this games.
The game was really well put together it. The objectives were really great from capturing anthrax or saving a POW or rescuing a down pilot the games was fun and even though it wasn't milsim it was still very realistic with all the props that ops has bought, from fire works to missiles to the bird cannons to the smoke signals. OPS put a lot of time and money into this game and all of there games. I have to say that the night game could have used a little work not on the game side but on the player side there were a bunch of people there without flashlights. This did cause a lot of confusion a lot of people standing around wandering. But this can be solved by being prepared.
OPS wants to really bring the community together. I have been playing airsoft for a couple years now and i know a lot of the guys but during this game i made some really great friends. Also met some new people very nice to see a lot of interest in airsoft and to see how very welcoming this community is. I really think that OPS has brought some really great ideals to the community. For example during the game i striped a piston on my only working gun. I thought i was screwed but then juicebox saw what happened and lent me one of his guns. But thats not all. Goose and kracker also noticed what happened and they were both so nice that they disassembled both my gun and were able to do repairs and make one really sweet working gun from two broken one's. They both to time out of there game to help a fellow player in need. This is what OPS stands for COMMUNITY!!!

Over all this game was great fun time great people.
Special thanks to-
refs
juicebox
warlock
goose
karkus
kracker
Bogey

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:15 am

Zombie Kill of the Week

Had a great weekend! Really enjoy shooting at my friends, refereeing, helping run the games, be a Prisoner, and be the Special Forces team with Warlock. Also had a good time staying up late Sat. night into Sun. morning having shenanigans for awhile. The games just got better and better as the days went on. One of the best most hyped up airsoft raffles I have seen! Thanks everybody.

R.I.P. Special Tactics Airsoft Team

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 10:18 am

E1

I agree with Pearce. Great weekend over all. Absolutely no problems with hit calling or arguments. Just an absolute blast all weekend. Yes, the night game does need work. It is difficult to see and know who is on what team. This is just a great friendly community. Any level of player is welcome and if it is your first time you are treated as an old friend.

Also a big thanks to Dave and the OPs crew who put together a great game and really tried hard to make it a great event. If you missed this game, do not miss any upcoming OPS games.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:06 pm

E1

Despite being a dumbass and sleeping through my alarm on sunday and therefore missing the second day (probably should've just slept in my car like originally planned) I had a great time. At least for Saturday I didn't see a single rules issue or anything of the like, and personally I really enjoyed the night game. SP just gets so dark at night the confusion is half the fun! Thanks to OPS for putting together a great game!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:17 pm

E4

I had a good time being a prop for Sundays game. I was not able to shoot anybody, but that was not a problem.

I found out what was wrong with the rotomax, the box mag on/off switch is bad. I'm going to relocate the new switch so it wont get broken from placing the gun on the ground, pour design. The batteries in the mag were fine though. I am also need to put in a access door in the side of the box mag for ease battery changes.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:44 pm

E1

I had an awesome time meeting some new people, it was also my first game here in Connecticut so it was exciting to see how many people actually came out to play. I just wish I could have stayed for the Sunday game.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:10 pm

E3

The game was AWESOME! and I made out like a bandit at the swapmeet haha. I can't wait for the next O.P.S. event you can definately count me in for it!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:57 pm

E4

KARKUS wrote:
I had a good time being a prop for Sundays game. I was not able to shoot anybody, but that was not a problem.

I found out what was wrong with the rotomax, the box mag on/off switch is bad. I'm going to relocate the new switch so it wont get broken from placing the gun on the ground, pour design. The batteries in the mag were fine though. I am also need to put in a access door in the side of the box mag for ease battery changes.

Oh im sorry about that was that my fault for because i put it on the ground instead of a table.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:02 pm

E2

I had a great time all weekend thanks to a very well run and challenging game. Thanks to OPS for all of their hard work. While we had a rough start on saturday, the US forces were very successful thanks to good teamwork.

OPP 1, OPP2, OPP 3, OPP 5, Op. CTG, Op. Blacksheep@Bobriwka 1+2, Autumn Justice 6, OP Reality Check 4, MSATO's: OP CBR Patriot, Rhody, Feudal Garden

Blacksheep Mil-Sim Training: Squad Tactics, Tactics and Tech. Procedures, MOUT

MSATO Training: Tac Apps, Gunfighter, Field Tactical Training/ Lowlight

NEAOP Training: Milsim Medic, Israeli Defense Force Counter Terrorism Level 1, VBSS

Bubba Moore Training: Airsoft Ranger

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:38 pm

E4

Pearce wrote:
KARKUS wrote:

Oh im sorry about that was that my fault for because i put it on the ground instead of a table.

No it was not your fault just a design flaw with all m249 box mags. Putting the switch on the bottom. Made to fail. :x

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:47 pm

I can has titles?

I had a great time this past weekend. Thankfully it is done. I am exhausted and the stress level has lowered. Thanks to everyone that came out. I had a blast running with Caboose as Black OPS for 30 minutes. Had a good time clearing he village and saloon. Thanks to everyone for coming out and I'll see you in the field soon, several big games coming up around the state; it'll be nice to go play and not have to stress about the storyline and missions. See you all soon!!!

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
7/23-24 Night OPS/Sun. Game
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

http://www.operationalscenarios.com
http://www.theelectricfireplace.net
http://www.kimberleighhiggins.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:24 pm

E2

I had a great time as well. This was one of the best times I've ever had at airsoft. First, in my opinion, the swap meet was a sucsess. Alot of people managed to get what they were looking for and many people got some stuff off their hands. I managed to purchase a couple of magpulls, a awesome sniper rifle and other neat items like an energy sword from halo. In my opinion it was well run duringboth days. But at night, it was problematic. I had lost a few things just simply walking around, reffs were getting shot, there was a mass array of confusion. Lastly people were just standing around "saftey killing" each other. Saftey killing was another problem, on a few cases people were saftey kiling without their mags out like OPS had request. I am guilty of doing this once or twice bt i had accepted my mistake and had taken the consequences, many other didnt. There was also alot of blind firing, i had run into three cases of that through out the whole weekend. but there was one thing i had noticed that i had never seen before in anyother game, the massive amount of teamkilling. Im not sure about th china team but on us, personally i was TKed four times druing the weekend. Some of it was my fault for being to agressive and not communicating, other times it wasnt. For example, US on sunday early near tombstone was havinga firefight between two of their own squads that lasted 15-20 min. I thought they would have noticed in that time, but i had come in later and had stopped it before almost all of US had been killed.
On a good not, I love the massive amount of props sp and ops had used in these scenarios. Their creativity had awwed me once again. My personal favorite was thebird cannons, boy are those things loud. OPS also did a good job with scenarios. The managed to fit a great amount of diverse scenarios such as: attack and defend, VIP, ambush, and demolitions. Although i did find myself asking my CO and the reffs often, whats my objective? it wasnt explained enough by the reffs which had made the game play a little lessfun. OPS also had a great job managing not only on the field but off as well. I enjoyed the amount of respect people had for each other, even to the newer people. Although, speaking whileothers are is some what rude and needs to be adressed.OPS was great in planning the swap meet, food and water and the raffle as well. The raffle had a great arrange of prizes, and some players were even kindenough to donat their own guns and gear to this raffle. I also enjoyed how plaers cleaned up after themselves, at least a little. at other SP gaes, benches were covered in garbage, but at this one, it was clean (props to the employees). Speaking of which, the reffing was fenominal. I know some mebers of SPas well as ops reffed, which made things much easiernstead of just SP. Reffs were also helpful for the most part. they helped resolve conflicts and even helped look for lost gearout on the field. All around, this was one of my most favorite airsoft games ive been too yet. I met new people, made friends and most importantly had fun. Thank you OPS and thank you SP.

Snip/s
PS. sorry if i had repeated some of the earlier reviews

[img]http://www.supremacy1914.com/index.php?eID=image&uid=3790&mode=2[/img]
[url="http://www.supremacy1914.com/"]Play Supremacy 1914, the free real-time strategy online games and the Browsergame of the Year 2009![/url]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:00 am

E3

Well unfortunately i was unable to attend the Saturday swap meet and game but i was able to get up there and stay overnight and play all day Sunday. Met some great people hangout through the night, Saw some new faces that knew of me somehow also so some Vets that were surprised to see. I want to Thank OPS for giving me the opportunity to be CO for the China team on Sunday. Thanks to Corey, Nick, chris, and Kyle for being very reliable.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:14 am

I can has titles?

I would like to address a few issues that have been brought up:
Blind firing- as we said we only saw it once. Players have said it was more, but definitely less than normal. It will always happen, it's just nice to see it less.
Night Game- SP gets pitch black at night. w/o team communication it does become a cluster fuck. We understand that; but felt that it was kinda worth it as most players don't get to play at night.
Missions- OPS gave the first missions at briefing. We have begun giving real time missions at the last few games. This adds to the secrecy between teams and the realism. IN the military, soldiers aren't giving all the info, they are told what to do and where to go. Also, having a radio allows for people to get more in depth info, rather than relying on word of mouth.
Team Killing---- RADIOS PREVENT THIS
Swap Meet- great job, although Snips it was SP's swap Meet not OPS
Cleaning up- It was good to see it cleaned so well. I am disappointed as I had specifically told everyone to meet a Tombstone, then fan out and cover the area. I walked back to the pavilion and by the time I got to the bridge already saw people there saying they already cleaned up. It was suppose to be a group effort, not individual. But the field was cleaned properly. Also, OPS placed A LOT of props in the field for use in the game. We asked for help getting them back. I ended up sending 4 people back into the field 2x's because the majority of stuff was not brought back. I came to the field 3 hours before anyone to get it setup, it' nice to get help getting it back as I was extremely exhausted, sore and had a pounding headache.
SO.... keep the AAR's coming... it's the only way we can get better
Thanks again

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:16 pm

E1

Overall, I felt the game was great, I only had a few minor issues. Radio use on China was a bit difficult on the first day due to somebody holding down their PTT. This made it difficult to talk and hear others on the field. Hit calling was not a huge issue, though I did encounter some during the second day of gaming. The props were plentiful and played into the game very well. The bird cannons were very loud and added quite a bit to the game. The refs were very fair and helpful during the games, they were almost always around whenever a firefight broke out and kept everyone honest.

Thanks to Goose and Voodoo who each CO'ed the China team one day. Thanks to Warlock and the rest of OPS for making such a great time possible.

Operation Falling Star
Battle For Helmend IV-Ranger Platoon
Tears of the Sun Part 2-Seals Team
Operation Alpha/Omega
Operation Occupy Wolcott
Battle for Helmand V
Autumn Justice 6
Reality Check 4

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:25 pm

#1 "woos" in all of Yew Ess of A

Cory wrote:
Overall, I felt the game was great, I only had a few minor issues. Radio use on China was a bit difficult on the first day due to somebody holding down their PTT. This made it difficult to talk and hear others on the field.

This is the exact reason why everyone should pull their call buttons off their radios. Imagine a game with 100 people doing that. This is also the reason why my team runs multiple radio freqs. If someones a tool and keeps pressing the button, we just communicate on the other freq and still hold together fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:29 pm

E3

First off, thanks to all of OPS for running a great game, and to those who reffed, you guys did a great job keeping people honest and there always seemed to be one around.

I attended both days on the China side, and we started off Saturday very well, but lost some players throughout the day and the US was able to get more organized and complete their objectives. Sunday went to the US team as well, it seemed they had more players than us and were able to overwhelm us by sheer numbers, but we were able to make a lot of points taking POWs throughout both days.

The good:
OPS's props were great and plentiful.
The bird cannons were really cool, and REALLY loud.
I got some cool stuff at the swap meet and was able to sell some stuff.
OPS held a great raffle on the last day.
China was able to communicate well (the second day, on the first someone held down the talk button for 20 minutes at a time...)
I didn't see any blind firing by either team, and didn't experience any team killing with China, although the US team seemed to have problems with it.

The bad:
There were some hit calling issues during the second day, but refs always around to try to help keep people honest.
My PTT didn't work either day, so I couldn't communicate with the other squads on my team.
I ran out of batteries the second day near the end so I missed the final battle.
People had a problem keeping it semi only around structures during the 2nd day.

Thanks to Goose and Voodoo for stepping up to CO China.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:36 pm

E1

Binky wrote:
Cory wrote:
Overall, I felt the game was great, I only had a few minor issues. Radio use on China was a bit difficult on the first day due to somebody holding down their PTT. This made it difficult to talk and hear others on the field.

This is the exact reason why everyone should pull their call buttons off their radios. Imagine a game with 100 people doing that. This is also the reason why my team runs multiple radio freqs. If someones a tool and keeps pressing the button, we just communicate on the other freq and still hold together fine.

It wasn't their call button, it was just the PTT. All I was able to hear was static like someone was about to talk. Looking back, it would have been a good idea to have a backup frequency.

Operation Falling Star
Battle For Helmend IV-Ranger Platoon
Tears of the Sun Part 2-Seals Team
Operation Alpha/Omega
Operation Occupy Wolcott
Battle for Helmand V
Autumn Justice 6
Reality Check 4

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:43 pm

E3

I was there Sunday.

I thought it was better than most of the other OPSevents that had been run, the entire field was open, so it gave a ton space and opportunity to be sneaky which was good. That being said even with all of our communication our team was pretty disorganized from the get go, we never really got all of our communication issues in order and it seemed that we turned into small rag tag groups of guys trying to accomplish missions based off of what the ref's were telling us (I generally run 2-3 radios on a couple of different channels, but it was still hard trying to get on the same page with everyone), I grouped up with some of the of the younger guys and just tried to do things without the head on firefights, trying to secure objectives and take POWs and whatnot, Score wise i think we got our dicks knocked in pretty handily. But that aside it was a better game than I expected. At around noon I took a break for about 15 minutes, and much to my surprise most of blue team was already there hanging out but no one said anything over the radios or anything, so its no surprise tan team were able to accomplish more than us.

The props were awesome. I could do without the bird cannon things but its not like they were out of control or anything, just personal preference.

There were no real issues of any sort, hit calling seemed good, everyone had a good attitude as far as I could tell. They had a huge raffle at the end with a couple of Guns and all sorts of parts being raffled. I got stitched by someone full auto close range inside the castle at one point but its not really a big deal. I snapped at someone over shooting a kid at one point, but those are pretty minor offenses in the grand scheme.

Only things that I would suggest

1) I show up earlier than I did, 2) that the OPs crew needs to actually set 2 static bases for people to re-spawn at, when you were dead or POW'd you were to go back to the pavilion and come back over one of the bridges which sucked when other teams guys would be there waiting for you, it may have been that because our teams communication was so bad that we couldn't rally effectively though. But having a static rally point would have been good. 3) About half way through the day they were swapping some guys around team wise and doing black ops type groups and stuff, none of that was really clear as to what was going on, some of the ref's didn't know either, so it was hard to follow.

OPS tends to like games which ebb and flow while throwing in twists here and there, but attendance-wise some of it seems tad excessive, but I think that comes from wanting to put on a great game and enthusiasm for adding as much as they can over the course of a day or weekend.

Overall I saw the game positive, everyone seemed to have a good/great time, and there was a lot of enthusiasm after the game from everyone, which is good when working on building up more people from the community, look forward to the next one as they are only going to get better.

Nice job OPs, Higgins and JBox.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:04 pm

E3

Operation Falling Star was the first, and definately not the last, O.P.S. game I have ever been too. First off let me congratulate Warlock, Juicebox, and every one else that had a hand in running this game! I had an absolute blast both days. Although there were a few minor problems overall I had a great time!

THE GOOD
The props were really well put together and worked well with the game
I liked the bird cannons alot I think they added to the over all ambiance of the game
The best and coolest prop was the containers of "anthrax" because If somebody shot one open everyone got anthrax and died which I thought was a brilliant and hillarious idea.
The Ref's there were great I can actually point out a specific example of how great having refs at an airsoft game is. I was utside of tombstone and a gu was walking through he valley to try and sneak up on my squad. I saw him before he saw me and I pumped 5 shots into him on semi and he refused to call his hit. I then dumped half of a midcap on full auto into him and he still wouldn't call it. then he let loose onto me and hit me so I grudgingly put on my red rag. as I put my rag on Corey, one of the sp refs, came over said he watched what happened told me to take my rag off and reprimanded the other player. I have to say having refs is a wonderful thing and makes the game run much smoother.
Having a swap meet before hand was also a good idea.
The Bad

There were minor hit calling issues and someconfusion on the chinese team alot of it because of lack of comms and the previously mentioned radio problems.

THE UGLY
The only thing that I would complain about at all was the Black Ops team because on day two we lost player from china who went to fight for the us team as us black ops which was not entirely fair but I was told It was mainly just to stimulate more firefights.
also I woul complain about the attitudes of a few players I encountered who really seemed to be in it for themselves and were not team players. although this isn't SP or O.P.S.'s fault I'm still posting it here incase those players happen to read this so they know that there bad attitudes and general smart assness does not go unnoticed and does detract from th game.

all in all a huge thankyou to all the refs
O.P.S.
Goose and voodoo for making the game such a good experiance for me.
I can't wait for the next game you guys throw you can definatey count me in

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Operation Falling Star.SP 8/20-21
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:15 pm

E1

First off thanks to Ops fora great game on Saturday, Warlock u guys did a great job. The swap meet was good picked up some gear i needed. But most of all had agreat time meeting new people and putting a face on the names i see on the boards. It was fun running with China on Sat. Voodoo good job as co. Had fun stumbulling around in the dark @ the g&l house. And thanks to Pops for all the advice, he kept me pointed in the right direction ( first time @ SP).Can't wait to get out and play again great game and great people in the airsoft community. Wish i could have stayed for Sunday, next time. I'm bloody well addicted on this sport!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:37 pm

E3

I'd also once again like to throw out a thankyou to you guys again, the people who attende were so great that they provided the inspiration for the essay I have to write for school over the summer about brotherly love! The sharing and caring that goes on in the airsoft community was really prevalent at this event with spare batteries, mags, bbs, gear, and even guns were flying around from person to person just to keep people in the game!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:06 am

I can has titles?

If anyone has video or pictures they would like us to include in the final edit, please email them to
dhiggins@ymail.com or
operationalscenarios@gmail.com

Email in zipped file

Thanks

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:39 pm

E2

Been meaning to post for a couple days now but I have been so busy with college preparation. So first off I would like to thank ops for putting on a great game. I would also like to thank sp and the refs who did an excellent job all weekend ensuring that the game ran smoothly.
Tan team we fought hard until the end and we should be proud of what we accomplished. You guys were real team players and that really did help me alot the first day since I had never been CO before. Green Team, I give you guys a ton of credit. You were able to get organized despite a slow beginning and bring the fight to us. Big ups to you guys. Overall I thought that the game ran smoothly and the only thing I think I would have changed was maybe the whole respawning situation. It seemed that towards the end of the game people were hanging out by the pavillion instead of immediately getting back into the fight. I think that having both teams respawn in the field of play would have alleviated this issue. I also found the night game to be very fun despite the fact that I could barely see. I think that while it is true that there were alot of safety kills during the night game, it was still definitely worth it since there are not alot of opportunities to play in night games.
Overall I felt that this game was very well put together and I am glad that I chose for this game to be my last for a little while. Oh and the photographers were a nice touch ( I have a bunch of nice pictures for facebook :D )

Op Falling Star

Molon Labe

Post subject: Operation Falling star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 5:50 pm

E3

I had a blast rolling as USA's sniper team. There was a decent turn out with roughly 50 players. The weather was nice and the objectives were challenging. The night game consisted of attack and defend the village. Id like some one else to do a full AAR. Also could Gates please post up the pics.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:19 pm

I can has titles?

I'll get a more in-depth AAR up from an hosts' perspective up shortly, it would be nice if someone from each side would add a in-depth also.

I am in the process of gathering and editing pictures and video. I will have a "video" of the pictures up soon. The video is going to take a little longer, as there is over 20 hours of it to edit and adjust sound,transitions,etc. Please be patient, I am doing the best I can at this point. If you have anything you want included please leave me a PM and we'll figure out how to get it to me. Thanks!!

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Operation Falling star
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 9:55 pm

E1

Tactically Casual wrote:
I had a blast rolling as USA's sniper team. There was a decent turn out with roughly 50 players. The weather was nice and the objectives were challenging. The night game consisted of attack and defend the village. Id like some one else to do a full AAR. Also could Gates please post up the pics.

Warlock has all the pictures and video. There have been some pictures from others posted on the ops facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/OperationalScenarios

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:22 pm

E1

I didn't play, I was taking pictures but here is my AAR.

OPS did a great job putting this together. Dave really tried hard to keep the game at a good flow and get the teams together for lots of trigger time. The first problem I saw was the US team not having radios. It left Bogey with no way to organize and get his team moving around. SP is a huge field and communication helps a lot there.

The other issue was people hanging out at the pavilion. In the middle of the game there must have been 15 people hanging out there. Most from one team. That made it really difficult for the people on the field. They eventually all got back in the field, but come on guys, you are there to play. There was plenty of time for hanging out.

But overall I had a very positive feel for the weekend. The OPS games are only going to get better in the future.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:14 pm

I can has titles?

Okay this is an in-depth AAR from the host’s standpoint.
The day started with me getting there about 7:30 a.m. I eventually got everything unloaded and begin setting up. By 10 am a handful of people started arriving for the Swap Meet. We held the Swap Meet right outside the pavilion and everyone had some great stuff to sell. I was able to unload a cross draw vest and a sniper rifle for OPP VI cash. Everyone looked to be having a good time checking out all of the gear. I received a lot of help from the players in getting stuff located in the field, which was a relief.
At 2:30ish we began the briefing. We did a safety briefing, along with a main briefing for the players before sending them to their base camps, where I held slightly more in-depth briefings. In the past few games I have tried to keep missions quiet; only telling the teams their first missions and then everything in real time. As fun and unique as it is, this will only work when players bring radios. I noticed that the US side was having a hard time communicating on Saturday. Without radios, you are wasting your time. Walk on games are fine with no radio, but scenarios need them as they are more in-depth and complicated.
The first mission of the day was for the Chinese to defend the Saloon and Village; as they were Bio-Chemical Factories. The US was to attack and remove Anthrax and Small Pox; simulated with 4 containers of Flour and 6 wooden cases. Both teams had a sub-mission of finding a Laptop and Satellite Dish. Once both were received, both teams had a special weapon; A spy. I planted a spy on both sides from the very beginning. The game started slow as each team tried to be tactical and sometimes force a firefight. As the game appeared to be stalling, OPS decided to us its’ own weapon, A Black OPS group. Now from previous BS/FM games, the Black OPS group was supposed to be called rogue. When in actuality we made the Black OPS group a cover up. They were really still US Soldiers pretending to be defectors. For 5 years they managed to get deeper into Chinese culture as a team that would help them. It didn’t quit pan out like I wanted; due to not having enough players to adequately pull it off. So OPS threw in myself and Noah as the Black OPS and we did all we could to disturb the peace and help the US get the Bio Chemicals. Eventually we did and afterwards took a small break to reload and eat before the night game began.
As the night descended on us, the plan was for the Chinese to defend tombstone, it being a Missile Factory. The US was to set 5 C-4 explosives in all the buildings. Once all were set we lit off 3 fireworks to simulate the explosions. Being pitch black out made it harder for people without NVG’s to move and effectively play. A LOT of standing around. The US got all the C-4 in the buildings and proceeded to secure the factory. After heading back to the pavilion; players were given the choice of an Attack/Defend in the village or watching a movie in the fire-pit area.
The next morning we adjusted teams and headed back out. The US needed to kidnap a Chinese Scientist from the Castle (Me) that had the nuclear codes. Fighting got tense at one point, but the US was much more defined this time and moved through quite quickly. In the process of kidnapping me, a US plane air-dropped 6 missiles all over SP. The US was to find them. Moments after dropping them, the plane was shot down and the pilot (Karkus) needed to be rescued. Karkus was placed in Upper Alpha, in what proved to be a long waiting game as neither team could locate him. Once located, the Chinese established a strong defense upon Upper Alpha. At this point OPS decided instead of allowing each teams spies to join their respective sides, we threw them into a Black OPS group. These groups then attacked Upper Alpha from the pavilion side, while Bogey and the US team tactically moved up the hill from Alpha Bridge and far Castle side. Eventually taking the hill and finding the pilot. After finding the pilot, the US needed to take their pilot and Bio Chemicals to Delta where orange smoke marked an extraction point. Although this took awhile, due to the distance, there were no Chinese around. We found out most were in the pavilion BS’ing and reloading. Once they finally did get back into the game, the US was on their way to securing Tombstone for a missile launch. The US had an easy time getting there, with only some minor issues as there were some Chinese players sneaking up from behind. The rockets were launched, using a model rocket system, and the game ended.

The Chinese team captured many POW’s and had more KIA’s; however the US completed all of its missions, winning by more than 400 points.
This game in the past as historically had plot twists and backstabs, hence:
Each team had a spy
Black OPS group was really still US
At one point some were complaining that the teams were uneven. I believe China had 3 more players. We took those 3 players and made them the Black OPS group. Not much else we could do at 2 pm on Sunday. Afterwards we held a crazy raffle in which over $800 worth of gear and guns were given away. Snake was awarded the KIA award, Jackson for USA MVP, and Voodoo for China MVP.

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
Op Falling Star