View New Posts
View Active Topics
Mark All Forums Read
Airsoft CT Privacy Policy

SP/OpS Op Hammer Down 2 - 2/12/12

Post subject: SP/OpS Op Hammer Down 2 - 2/12/12
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:15 am

#1 "woos" in all of Yew Ess of A

Figures we get a "cold snap" the day of the game. It was 29 degrees most of the day, but a fun day of airsoft none the less. UCONN out numbered us basically 2 to one, so it was UCONN vs everyone with two of their members putting tape on and coming over to us. Fun times none the less. We had a couple more people show up by the end of the day.

Caboose ran CO for this game. I think everyone had comm problems through out the day. I handed out my spare radio to a kid and that actually helped later on in the day when mine was down and we needed to relay critical info to Caboose.

The game worked out great. TONS of props worth points, flags at several points on the field, and all but lower delta seemed to be in play. There were crates full of missles, that actually looked like missles, C4 props, a downed pilot in full gear, satellite dishes, laptops, ammo crates, cell phones, legit maps and intel packets all over the place. There were also propane cannons going off all over the field. Explosions occured all over the place through out the day. There were also air strike call ins that took out 25 foot radius of players wiping out both teams several times through out the day. Mission objectives were turned out on a regular basis by the staff. This really felt like the old days of airsoft in CT back when Shep was running games.

Everyone seemed to do a decent job of hit calling from my perspective. Few newer players didnt seem to understand the wounded rules but it wasn't a big issue at all. Tis a game. Only one respawn issue due to the same (inexperience on a players part). Generally the respawn locations were safe, even when the area near them was under contestment. Players could respawn with out fear of taking several rounds just trying to get back into the game.

Being undermanned and not being able to reach the main team via comms, DW (only 3 of us made it sadly.. 2 more would have made a big difference) spent most of the game performing flanking maneuvers and sneak attacks. I'd regularly let people get into fire fights and then keep trees between myself and the enemy's POV until I was with in range to fire on them from the sides or behind. Some of the reactions from that were hilarious.

Best though was the sneak attack that DW and Higgins pulled on the village. Only one guy was paying attention and even he didnt notice until it was too late and we were already in it. Oddly enough we were instantly reinforced by the rest of our team after all but 3 of UCONN's guys got wiped out.

Funniest safety kill of the day has got to be Pearce getting nailed. He performed a beautiful flank at tombstone and came in with his MP7 unloading on people from an angle no one expected. He runs up to the first building, opens up on a couple more people then pauses against the wall. The guy literally right next to him on the same wall turns, looks at him, and goes "Oh, Safety Kill". Nice attempt Jeff, but come in a little calmer next time. We all got a good laugh from that one.

SP staff was out in force as well as OpS. 2 of the refs even decided to play this time with their own guns.

All in all we had a good time. UCONN's score was 1200 points higher than ours. Hats off to you guys! Sportsmanship and humor were solid. The raffle had tons of shirts, hats, gear and other prizes. Everyone got an Airsoft Extreme patch and discount cards as they're one of OpS's new sponsors. The AAR (After Action Restaurant) for this event was Eli Cannon's in Middletown. Awesome beer and wings. You get to feel the wings on the way in... and on the way out.

Thanks to OpS for the great game, SP for hosting and staffing the extra refs, and all the teams/players that came out. Was a great winter day!

My Flight School Experiences

Post subject: Re: SP/OpS Op Hammer Down 2 - 2/12/12
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:40 pm

E3

Ops has finally gotten most their shit together when running games, Juicebox does a great job communicating objectives and relaying info with clear enthusiasm, Ops also did well with the props both in quantity and style, if you needed to find a laptop, it was an actual laptop and not just a cardboard prop. The OPS guys did great with the reffing and staffing, and as far as I could tell the game went pretty smoothly. Though some of the SP refs are still fairly rough and could use some polish with how airsoft works compared to paintball. Very few issues and disagreements, when there were some both sides would come to a mutually agreeable outcome.

The teams seemed (I have no idea if they were or not, but general consensus was they had more dudes than us) pretty loaded in Uconns favor, and while I know Binky said we did well, I personally played like shit and was still able to rag guys left and right, steal objectives and help out the team. We also had a ton of Radio/Comm issues all day, be it between the 3 of us (DW), or worse yet when we would do something of note and not be able to contact our CO, which made coordinating efforts hard. There was one point where DW and Higgins came up the backside of village and shredded their team, only to have the rest of our team pop out on the side of us a couple of minutes later, had we been able to contact them we would have been able to hit en mass and flip their base flag.

I still think they need to tone down the amount of airstrikes each team had or could use, but it didn't make or break the game. I fell off the rocks behind Village at one point, so my entire right thigh and left calf is shredded and bruised, and my ass looks like I have a calcium or blood deficiency.

Good raffle at the end of the game, OPs has gotten some corporate sponsorship, so there was a bunch of goodies that were given out but is nice from an added thank you type things, I got a bravo mesh mask, Binky got a Grippod, Witt just sat there being cold.

I cannot stress how cold it was, amazed we didn't have any gun problems in the morning.

Pierce continues to amaze with general hilarity that is going to force me to make a blog dedicated to shit he does.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:38 pm

E4

Repo wrote:
Pierce continues to amaze with general hilarity that is going to force me to make a blog dedicated to shit he does.

Hey if you are going to laugh at me at least spell my name right. Also I'm only human i make mistakes, Like i thought the guy had a red rag on but i was wrong. But it was still fun

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:48 pm

E3

Took that the wrong way hoss, we all think you are pretty awesome, your enthusiasm is what makes you great, in a bunch of games Ive airsofted with you you'll pull off some awesome move that works, only to follow it up with something funny.

Your right though good game, shout out to the Uconn crew.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:01 pm

E4

My bad :oops:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:09 am

I can has titles?

Hammer Down II AAR
First, thank you to everyone that braved the cold and came out. It was a great day get out and play. Thank you to UCONN, Dire Wolf, and the rest of the players, along with Strategy Plus.
I followed the Chechen team around most of the morning, and got some good pictures. I did not see any hit calling issues and everyone seemed to be enjoying them-selves. The Chechen team was getting the required props right out of the gate. I think I called Juicebox on the radio 50 times in the first 2 hours to relay the information.
As for the uneven teams. We can’t win on that one; 9 times out of 10 everyone wants to play for the US side. This time everyone wanted to play on the Chechen side. Thanks to DW for switching sides and the few UCONN players that did also.
I did play for a little bit in the afternoon with Juicebox’s Stoner; however it wasn’t feeding properly so it at times was ineffective. For those that thought I was shooting in the village on full auto, I was not. At times I was trying to get it to feed, semi would get stuck, etc. Others I was shooting out towards G&L, or above the fence line. But it was great to see the player’s following that rule and making sure it was enforced.
I had a great time with Dire Wolf sneaking up the back of the Village, and surprising the Chechen’s. Had the Stoner been working, I think I could have put up a better fight. Oh well, shit happens.
Thanks again to everyone and to our Sponsor; Airsoft Extreme (airsoftextreme.com) for the hats, shirts, and patches.
Good job to everyone, and we hope to see you at the next game, Op Occupy Wolcotthttp://www.operationalscenarios.com/?p=259

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
7/23-24 Night OPS/Sun. Game
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

http://www.operationalscenarios.com
http://www.theelectricfireplace.net
http://www.kimberleighhiggins.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:16 am

E3

Despite the low temperature, many of New England's finest warriors attended Hammerdown 2. With the help of the Strategy Plus staff and the OpS staff, we had one of the most exciting, most challenging, and most fun airsoft events to date.

Noah "Caboose" Bartron led the US Forces to quell the uprising and mayhem in Chechnya. Against impossible odds, the US Forces goal was to occupy the land and take control of any all resources.

Christopher "Quatro" Quatroche led his newly independent Chechen forces through the rough terrain to regain a dominant foothold in their country. And using stolen bioweapons, the Chechens would stop anyone who got in their way.

The game dynamic seemed simple. Occupy the field as much as possible, as soon as possible and establish dominance. Every base could be a potential respawn for your team.

In addition, radar dishes and mobile satellite dishes could be recovered to activate an airstrike system. Any found ordinance could be launched into the enemy. Potentially neutralizing an entire team.

Each team was also given a list of secondary objectives. After obtaining an intel packet which included a map and code, each CO could open their electronic safe which gave a list of secret objectives and a timeline in which to complete them.

Everything from taking digital pictures, to rescuing pilots, to planting explosives, to recovering secret code, kept the CO's busy.

Quatro and the Chechens outnumbered the US Forces 3-1. This allowed the Chechens to establish field dominance early on. Caboose and his forces were held up and forced back. However, a NATO UCAV helped the US Forces with a perfectly timed air strike allowing the US Forces to attack the Chechens and establish dominance in the area code named "Saloon."

The US Forces started using calculated planning to maximize the effect of their smaller team by taking advantage of their secondary objectives. And by the middle of the operation, the Chechens seemed in danger.

With 30 minutes left in the operation, the US Forces attacked the Chechen base causing severe causalities. But it wasn't until the last airstrike and smoke cleared did the Chechens prove to be victorious. The US Forces were defeated and the Chechens remained in control of their land.

OpS thanks everyone who attended. Everyone's attention to the rules and positive attitudes made the game run very smoothly. We have no issues of consequence to report. Please make sure you bring your radios and kill rags.

Thank you also for everyone who helped clean the field and return the props.

We will see everyone at the next OpS game.; Operation Occupy Wolcott on March 18, 2012 at Ground Zero
http://www.operationalscenarios.com/?p=259

Photos can be found at http://www.facebook.com/OperationalScenarios

OP Square Dance- "Relay for Life Charity Game" 5/11 SP
Last Action Hero- 6/11- Cromwell CQB
2 Day game- 7/11- SP
OP Falling Star- 8/11- SP

Email/PayPal operationalscenarios@gmail.com
Website-http://www.operationalscenarios.com
Facebook- http://www.facebook.com/OperationalScenarios
www.theelectricfireplace.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:18 pm

E3

OpS AAR contest ends Wednesday Feb.22, 2012 at 3 pm. Get your AAR's in now!!!

2 Day game- 7/11- SP

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:46 pm

E3

And the winner is........ REPO!!!! Please email us at operationalscenarios@gmail.com, so that we can arrange collection of your prize!!

2 Day game- 7/11- SP

Profile E-mail