View New Posts
View Active Topics
Mark All Forums Read
Airsoft CT Privacy Policy

Grab & Go SP!

Post subject: Grab & Go SP!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:32 pm

E2

AWRESOME DAY! I was on the yellow team WOOOT. It started as a good grab and go game than it turned into annihilation. IT was fun, constant fighting. I felt like forever even after it started late. I even had a moment of greatness mowing down 6 people that were in yellow territory. Only down side all day was that 4 of my guns broke down.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Grab & Go SP!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:34 pm

Hotspot Airsoft

yea we raped blue pretty much due to the fact that we had a lot of veterans on our side.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:06 pm

I can has titles?

Had an amazing time. THe box game was fun until we had to bring them up the hill from Charlie/Delta. Second game yellow went on ar rampage and controled everything but Alpha( we would have taken that but were told to pulll back). Last game was great, many many kills, a few uncalled hits( when blue was getting the explosive). Overall a great weekend for running around. On the bad side cracked my reciever, lost a radio, lost and juicebox found my pistol mag. Can't wait for W@W!!

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
7/23-24 Night OPS/Sun. Game
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

http://www.operationalscenarios.com
http://www.theelectricfireplace.net
http://www.kimberleighhiggins.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 7:34 pm

E2

Gotta say that yellow team definatly had the upper hand in this event. But I'd like to thank UCONN for showing up and fighting their hardest and giving it their all. It shows alot of character. I always enjoy playing against UCONN.
It was a beautiful day to be playing at SP, no doubt about it...
I would also like to thank Zeek for taking the time to organize this event for all of us to enjoy. Kudos Zeek! I look forward to participating in future Zeek games!
Warlock, Juicebox, Thor, Repo, Kracka, Butters...always good times rollin' with you guys! Thanks for being there!
I look forward to seeing all you guys out there on the playing fields in the near future...
P.S.
I came home tonight to a brand new Barrett springer from AirSplat (I know...), so I'll have the enemy in my sights!
"At ease, Gentlemen"
~Sarge

"May God have mercy on my enemies, because I wont!" ~George S. Patton

"Nothing is so exhilarating in life as to be shot at with no result." ~Sir Winston Churchill

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:25 pm

#1 "woos" in all of Yew Ess of A

Holy shit, butters? Like from ks?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:47 am

E2

Being on Blue team, it was definitely frustrating to be placed near respawns that, if the situation came to it, would be a choke point. Case in point, the bridge next to castle was one of these scenarios, and when yellow controlled there, there's no way another team can even move without getting mowed down. The positioning of boxes in the first scenario was also a hair one sided, however even if everything was EXACTLY even, yellow still would have had the upper hand, so props to them for winning.

I did like the day overall: I thought running a road race a few days before was bad, however this took the cake. This game was definitely for the endurance junkies, as in the first scenario alone I ran from the pavilion to position 8 via the castle and tombstone route, back down to castle, up to alpha, on top of alpha, back down towards the pavilion, and back to castle, all while searching for props. Needless to say my legs are still pretty sore :D . Got oodles of trigger time in and even a couple of crazy sole man charges lol. I also did see some fantastic sportsmanship out on the field that definitely should be emulated in future events.

Things I didn't like were confusion on the respawn rules. This type of game requires more refs as the "5 minutes, you're immediately back in" rule is very very difficult to enforce. While I will admit that Zeek and the SP refs did a good job in general, there were still a few situations where it was unclear. Also, there was some confusion in the final game regarding with the opposing team regarding respawn rules changing to bo's wounded, as some members thought that they were the old ones, and thus made it pretty much anywhere for a while without much resistance until told of the rule change. I did like the respawn rule of 5 minutes and you're back in though, it let me do some very ballsy moves :P However, if a rule stays, don't change it midgame, as that often leads to confusion.

Also the riot shields I'm not a fan of. Ever. You easily need at least a ref covering that person at all times, and that TBH is just a waste of a ref when they should be viewing more of the general picture. Plus they just look stupid IMO.

Hit calling at some points seemed to be for me a bigger problem than usual. Some yellow members I didn't have issues with, some I did. It did detract a bit from the game, but there's really nothing you can do about that.

Overall though, props to yellow for winning, and kudos to Zeek for doing something a little different than the normal SP game. I did like the idea and hope that it gets used again in the future. If there's anything UConn related that anyone wants to talk about regarding this game, both good and bad, please PM me or post it up here, whichever you prefer. Thanks!

OP Red Storm: Whittier, CA
UConn Alum

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:09 am

Thanks to everyone who did come out, we had just over 50 people come down and that to me is awesome cause i havent had time to really market this game like the others.

To do the bad first...........

briefings are there for a reason, i do my best to speak on things multiple times during them. i had to go over the respawn rule atleast 5 teams during the first briefing. if people choose to talk and ignore me, thats what causes confusion. there were people out there who knew what was going on 100% and others who didnt, that to me shows who really pays attention.

also hit calling, it happens, we all know that, there was some over shooting and a temper lost here n there, but i was glad to see things resolve quickly from other people who were around.

i design these games to give you guys all the action u crave. the 5 minute in place respawn rule is a double edge sword. it basically comes down to who has bigger balls and plays smarter.

for example, the players who play rambo and go out on their own will get killed and then pinned down after re spawning again and again and again. Where as a player who stays with your team and move up aggressively along side their team mates would have a better funner time. mainly because they wont get pinned down for more then those 5 minutes.

The last game i let the COs and players decide on cause there wasnt enough time to reset the field with props. and the BOs rule was requested from players, i mentioned the change but again....kids today have a short attention span.

BUT! aside the negative, from what i saw and heard people enjoyed themselves. From new players to vets, its great seeing everyone come out. Uconn, Direwolf, BCA, the russians, as well as many others came out. It was good to see Helo, dr satan, and their buddys get a break from being a weekend warrior to get some trigger time.

I saw some great sportsmanship out there as well as a few fails (votter thinking he can throw a bomb to win the game with 2 minutes left on the timer) fail....
and yes i have it on video votter so everyone can see

As far as who won........point wise, yellow, but blue team deserves alot of credit, uconn u guys deserve a man hug for the heart u put into the game, and class. anyone who knows alpha, knows its a choke point, and uconn still played there, willingly agreeing to help out yellow team and closing the entire swamp to be off limits for the 2nd game.

i have the footage and pictures to put a video together, ill throw it up once i finish it and learn how to upload a video to youtube that doesnt take 9 hours.

Everyone be sure to thank Renatus, binky and Karkus, they were the first people to try this game out many years ago and bring it to my attention to run.

Also for those who didnt know, all profit from this game is going to SP to get a tank for the field! (should be here for W@W6)

again thanks everyone who came, everyones feed back is welcome, negative especially, i can only make these games better when i know what has to be fixed. if you dont want to post it then please atleast PM me with your opinion.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 9:10 am

One solution to Alpha would be to create a defendable building on that choke point area (where the bridge is now) and wall off that section of the swamp. We've all played from that location at one point or another and know how frustrating it gets having one asshole mow down rows of people from a position that BB's can't necessarily penetrate.

Zeek, great attitude. Even negative aspects to games allow room to make the next a positive. Every game, I dont care who runs them, has issues, so it's nice to see an organizer that cares.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:26 pm

I can has titles?

I would like to add a few things.... One, thanks Zeek for a great time and for annoucning you wanted to hear both sides of feedback. It's the only way to make the games better.
@Brogis-- I'm not sure how evenly the boxes were distributed, in the first game I was running relay with 6 people all the way from Delta to Saloon. One hell of a hill to run up and down . I'm sure you guys had the same issue on Castle side. Also, I know UCONN has had gun issues the last few times out, and you guys still competed. Thanks.
The modified Bo's messed me up at first, I waited my 5 minutes then walked back to respawn twice,before I remembered we could just jump back in.
Although I was yellow team, I did notice there was more of groups on blue running together. On the yellow side we pushed up all together. I wasn't on blue side, so maybe there was more teamwork than seemed. Not sure what happened to Blue when we pushed from Saloon/Tombstone to the castle, it seemed like we either took out the whole team at once, or some weren't playing.
Overall, I had a great day and look forward to meeting everyone on the field again and I will say no matter which side won, it was a great day of airsofting.

Tears of the Son II
Battle for Helmand II

W@W VI
Grab -n- Go

OPS Hosted-
OP. Cold Front
Hartford Shootout
OP. Hammer Down
OP Square Dance
Last Action Hero
7/23-24 Night OPS/Sun. Game
Op Falling Star
OPS Team Shootout

http://www.operationalscenarios.com
http://www.theelectricfireplace.net
http://www.kimberleighhiggins.com

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:43 pm

E3

I had a good time at this game too, the day started off pretty crappy when my gun which had been shooting like a champ all day Saturday decided to have some wiring issues, I got a ton of help from people and ended up getting a loaner from Juicebox.

I liked the over all idea of the grab and go scenario, Zeek and the SP crew had thrown tons of boxes, crates and containers all over the place. It was a pretty simple grab boxes and get points.

The Modified Bo's was pretty much the only issue I saw, with the amount of people playing it wasn't uncommon to get 4 or 5 guys behind or in a piece of cover getting shot out or staying in at the same time, so it became an issue when dead people or people who had just come back in were all inter mingled and people were getting overshot. Where as 5 minutes up go to spawn is pretty cut and dry, as other mentioned this was probably the only issue with the over all concept. I thought Zeek and SP crew did a good job of organizing and keeping things going.

Most of the confusion from people came from when they were either not at the Briefings/debriefings or not paying attention to them. As pretty much everything that happened was scripted.

As from the Hit Calling drama I was guilty of this as well at the end of the day, and I totally felt like a dueshebag about it when it happened to even now, but you apologize and move on (and hopefully not let it happen again). We are all out playing to have fun, and when shooting at people who are either prone or in different positions with the amount of gear everyone is wearing the mind set needs to kick in that there is a good chance that if you do hit someone they may not know it because it clips them in an area that is either a bunch of gear or in such a way that they can't feel it. - My issue wasn't a prolonged thing or anything, but a cooler head needs to prevail.

That being said it was good to see the usual suspects, Sarge, Lee, Hozay (and his work excuse), Juice, Kracka, Zeek etc... and making new buddies.

I believe is was Brogis who went out like a champ SAW in hand running in the open screaming like an Indian behind the Castle at one point, was one of those whats going on surreal moments.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:08 pm

E2

Binky wrote:
We've all played from that location at one point or another and know how frustrating it gets having one asshole mow down rows of people from a position that BB's can't necessarily penetrate.

Aww come on, i'm one of those assholes that mowed a whole bunch of people down :O

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 4:56 pm

I can has titles?

this was a really solid game though I was on the blue team, the 2nd game when we got pinned down at the bridge behind castle I was able to hide behind a fence and get 10+ kills without a death over about a 20 minutes, dont know who was the leader of the yellow team but I apologize for continually killing you. Other than that the russians were a great help on blue and uconn was doing a pretty good job leading us. Other than that another great game by Zeek hope you guys have enough for that tank soon!

CO White Team W@W VII
CO HAVOC Tactical Consulting
"They failed to note all the guys that died from pounding straight ahead when they could have snuck around the corner and crawled over the wall. Success isn’t always a straight line." -Army Paratrooper discussing Marine Tactics

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:02 am

Just letting you guys know before i get bombarded with messages, I have footage and pictures from the game, i will post them once i get a chance, its just been a crazy week last week and im still trying to catch up with work. ill get it edited and online as soon as i can.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:30 pm

I can has titles?

thanks zeek should be great footage for advertisements for W@W

CO White Team W@W VII
"They failed to note all the guys that died from pounding straight ahead when they could have snuck around the corner and crawled over the wall. Success isn’t always a straight line." -Army Paratrooper discussing Marine Tactics

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:50 am

ok i FINALLY got a new video editor to use. so video will be up the LATEST, sunday night, im sorry guys, i did post some pictures on airsoftcts facebook pag e in the meantime

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:19 pm

E2

Wewt finally get to see that video soon!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:29 pm

E4

I'm glad more people were able to enjoy my game idea. if you had more people a 4 team game would have been more exciting. just like the game was originally played at the junk yard.
Zeek you should get some large wall clocks and put them in the re-spawns. use them for the time delay marker.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:41 am

Def will consider it karkus and ill make sure to get you involved in the next grab n go

HERE IT IS FELLAS FINALLY FINISHED THE VIDEO!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:04 am

I can has titles?

nice video zeek!

CO White Team W@W VII

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:35 am

That safety kill @ 7:50 was hilarious.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:15 pm

E2

I kinda like the safety kill after 7:50
it was weird how that sniper never hit, you can actually see the bbs go left a bit.

Profile E-mail